Owning your own home may be more realistic than you think
Knowledge is power, particularly if you are striving to afford your first home. The homebuying process has many myths, though. For instance, you don’t have to put 20% down, you don’t have to have perfect credit, and you don’t have to accept a high interest rate or junk fees.
REALTORS® are committed to dispelling these myths and making the American Dream of homeownership a reality for more people. I have taken additional training in affordable housing through a program called United Texas: Housing Opportunities That Work.
Here are a few details about purchasing a home that may interest you:
• Many local, state, and national programs are available in Texas offering downpayment assistance or low interest rates for first-time homebuyers.
• A first-time homebuyer, for the purpose of these programs, is defined as someone who has not owned a home in the past three years.
• You may be eligible for up to $2,000 in federal tax reductions through Mortgage Credit Certificates, which keep more cash in your pocket and make your mortgage more affordable.
• If you are a Texas veteran or currently in the armed services or National Guard, you may qualify for some of the best home loans in the country through the Texas Veterans Land Board.
• You don’t need to have stellar credit, five years on the job, or even any downpayment funds to get your start as a proud homeowner.
As a Texas REALTOR® who has taken the United Texas training, I can help point out homebuying resources, identify beneficial programs, and guide you through the home loan process.
To contact us call us at 214.405.3640 or email us at email@example.com