Evan Matteson gives you a brief history and overview of Dallas Race Week, the premier sailboat race on Lake Ray Hubbard every year.
- DRW was conceived by Scott Self after he and 11 other Chandlers Landing Yacht Club members competed and won their division in the 1978 Antigua Race Week.
- First DRW was held in 1982, so the 2009 DRW is the 27th year of the race.
- Proceeds benefit Rockwall Breakfast Rotary and last year raised over $17,500!
- Typically there are some 40-60 boats in the race which totals all crew members to around 300 competing every night.
- In the past, sailors have included World Champions, National Champions, Olympic Champions and Regional Champions.
- DRW is always held the week of June 22nd, the longest day of the year and starts on Sundays and runs through Friday Night.