Plans are to open five new marketplace stores, which sell furniture, toys, jewelry and other general merchandise, and have expanded produce and grocery aisles.In addition to the new stores, Kroger plans to expand three more stores, adding a fuel center to one of them.The 124,000-sf stores and fuel centers will be at:
- FM 548 and US 80 in Forney (currently under construction),
- FM 407 and McMakin Rd. in Bartonville,
- Precinct Line Rd. and North Tarrant Pkwy. in North Richland Hills,
- Josey Ln. and US 121 in Lewisville, and
- FM4 and US 377 in Granbury.
Expansions will happen at:
- Kroger Signature at 2709 Cross Timbers Rd. in Flower Mound (adding 22,000 sf and a fuel center);
- Kroger Signature at 7507 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Irving (adding 37,000 sf and expanding the fuel center); and
- Kroger Signature at 2935 Ridge Rd. in Rockwall (adding 17,000 sf).
The expansion will generate about 1,700 new jobs.
Source: Dallas Morning News