Steve received a BA in Journalism/Advertising from the University of North Texas where he dreamed of becoming a copywriter at top ad agencies. Being now a third generation Realtor® he should’ve known this is where he would have been all along. Now as a Real Estate Consultant with The Matteson Group, he uses that creativity to find solutions for his clients. Steve is a devoted family man to his wife and daughter. He is passionate about Texas BBQ, whether creating his own or traveling around the state to try new places. Steve is a epicure when it comes to malted hops and barley, as a Brewing Apprentice at Rakkaus Brewery. With the little free time he has, getting out and playing a some softball with the guys is a diverting pastime.
- DFW resident since 1977
- Competitive Tournament Softball
- Played Baseball at the University of North Texas
- Has enjoyed traveling to Mexico, Italy, France, Netherlands, Bahamas, Canada, New Orleans, Napa, Alaska, Hawaii and more.
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends
- Member at Eclipse Fitness
Steve’s Education and Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from the University of North Texas
- Minored in Marketing
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, Texas Real Estate Commission
- Licensed Educator in State of Texas 2008-present
- Banker and Bank Manager for Wells Fargo 2003-2008
- Real Estate Appraiser Apprenticeship in 2003
- Blog contributor for Coldwell Banker’s regional Blue Matter Blog for Rockwall and Heath Texas