A recent post on the Coldwell Banker Blue Matter Blog written by Dr. Robi Ludwig is digging into the emotional impact of buying a home with your spouse. Some takeaways:
- Buying a home is one of the most emotionally impactful experiences a person can have, especially when shared with a spouse.
- 92% of couples who purchased their first home with their spouse found it to be a significant milestone in their life together.
- Buying home together has become “the new engagement ring” for some young couples.
- A home not only serves as an extension of who we are, but also where we are in life.
- In order to reach their dream of homeownership, couples have to be introspective and communicate effectively with each other, as well as be able to get in touch with each other’s respective needs and wants.