Carpets in need of a tune-up? Try these ideas
• First, to really get it clean, sweep the carpet with a broom, which will make the nap stand up and loosen embedded dirt. Next, vacuum the carpet. Your carpet should show a noticeable improvement just from taking these two steps.
• If you have pets and need help neutralizing strong odors, mix one cup Borax with two cups cornmeal. Sprinkle the carpet with this mixture. Let stand one hour, then vacuum. To freshen the carpet, combine three-quarters of a cup baking soda, two tablespoons cornstarch, and one-quarter cup perfumed talcum powder. Sprinkle on dry carpet, let stand five to 15 minutes, then vacuum.
• Use a clean white, absorbent terry towel
• Blot or tamp the spot
• Pretest the carpet in an inconspicuous area
• Clean the stain from the edge to the center
• Apply cleaner to the towel
• Clean with modest amounts of cleaning solution
• Adhere to product safety guidelines and general instructions
• Remove the stain as soon as it is noticed
• Remove the dirty excess before cleaning
• Use cleaning compounds at lukewarm temperature
• Saturate the carpet with cleaning compounds
• Apply heat or vigorously scrub the stain
• Leave the stain until later
• Fail to remove dried excess stain prior to cleaning
• Forget to pre-test the carpet or stain
Follow these tips, and your carpet will look good as new again in no time.
To contact us to schedule a Free Home Listing Presentation, call us at 214.405.3640 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org